This article describes the steps on how to move the candidate across the candidate pipeline via ODATA API.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management (RCM)
API WARNING: API upserts is a powerful tool to help you automate manual tasks and edit data that is not possible or difficult to do in the UI. However, this can also lead to unintentional data changes if mishandled. Make sure you understand how to use the ODATA API Data Dictionary and the integration tools in general. If possible, test first with your preview environment and with only a subset of your data to see whether you are getting the intended results.
Moreover, creating scripts is like creating your system's configuration, they are outside support scope (and are typically requests for partners) but if you have issues that are possible defects, please feel free to reach out to Support.
1. This is a sample API request that shows how to change the status of an applicant and move them across the pipeline.
Note: The request URL changes depending on where your instance resides (DC 4, DC 12, etc) and whether your instance is a production instance or a preview instance. Check KBA 2215682 for the list of API URLs.
2. Code Breakdown: The appStatusSetItemId is the ID corresponding to the status where you want the candidate to be moved. In this case, the candidate is being moved to Created (Offer) status with ID 13 from the Status Set - Standard Status Set.
3. If you have multiple status sets similar to the screenshot below, make sure you are opening the right status set that corresponds to the requisition where the applicant is at.
4. In this case, the Requisition Template for the requisition, where application ID 741 applied to, is linked to Standard Status Set.
<application-status-set name="Standard Status Set"/>
Note: This was taken from the Job Requisition Template which you can access in Provisioning or Manage Template (in Admin Center).
5. Code Breakdown: The applicationId in the uri should correspond to the candidate's application ID.
6. UI Verification of the upserted request.
2885326 - How to use Postman on performing ODATA API Requests - Recruiting Management
2817669 - ODATA API Data Dictionary - Recruiting Management
2215682 - Successfactors API URLs for different Data Centers
Candidate, Applicant, Candidate Pipeline, Status Change, Integration, Recruiting Management, RCM, API, JobApplication, ODATA , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-API , Webservices & APIs , How To