You want to Post Goods Issue for a Product and perform an Outbound Delivery. You are not able to do so, despite you seem to have sufficient On-Hand Stock.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Outbound Logistics work center.
- Go to the Delivery Proposals view.
- Enter the Delivery Proposal ID ABC (ABC represents the Delivery Proposal ID).
- Enter the Product ID XYZ (XYZ represents the Product ID within the Delivery Proposal).
- Click Go.
- Select the Delivery Proposal ABC.
- Click Post Goods Issue.
You notice the Warning Message "Determination of source inventory failed for product XYZ".
The warning indicates that the system did not find Available Stock at any of the Locations. It may happen due to Product XYZ having a Safety Stock quantity assigned to it.
- Go to the Supply Planning work center.
- Go to the Products view.
- Search for Product ID XYZ (XYZ represents the Product ID).
- Click the Product link to access its Master Data.
- Click View All button.
- Go to the Planning tab.
In Planning tab, you will see that there is a Safety Stock quantity set to this Product.
You can set it to a smaller quantity accordingly to the amount you need to perform the Outbound Delivery. Later, you can set it back to the original quantity for Safety Stock.
Safety Stock; Outbound Delivery; , KBA , AP-ODP-ODR , Outbound Delivery Request , How To