You get an error message when scanning EAN codes in Sales Order quick add products.
Error message: "Product number does not exist".
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales work centre.
- Go to the Sales Order view.
- Open Sales Order 123 (where 123 is sales order ID).
- Go to the Products facet.
- Click Quick Add Products.
- Scan the EAN code.
Error message: "Product number does not exist“ is triggered.
You have scoped the Business configuration question - 'Search products based on product Id when scanning a barcode?'.
If this is set, then the system searches for the barcode scanned number in Product IDs instead of EAN.
Follow the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:
- Go to the Business Configuration work centre.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the relevant project.
- Click Edit Project Scope.
- Navigate to the Questions tab.
- Expand Sales-->Product and Service Portfolio for Sales-->Sell Standard Products.
Make sure the question - 'Search products based on product Id when scanning a barcode' is not in scope.
Sales Order , EAN ,Product , KBA , ean , sales order , ipad , product , LOD-LE-CQP-CO , Lean Sales Orders , AP-RC-MOB-AND , SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer Extnd App on Android , Problem