Missing Object Definition causing Person and Employment Audit Report failure
You would receive an application error when running Person and Employment Audit Report.
The application error id would be accompanied by the fingerprint id = d5e0b708d9fab7bcf54e4d7089137f017dbc00b0
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
Employee Central: Reporting
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate from Home > Analytics > Reporting
- Ad Hoc Reporting >Select button "Create new report’’
- Select report definition type "Person and Employment Export’’ or "Person and Employment Audit"
- Select Ok
- Result: The application error id would be accompanied by the fingerprint id = d5e0b708d9fab7bcf54e4d7089137f017dbc00b0
- Missing object definition in Configure Object Definition and manage data
- The object definition is created but is inactive.
- The MDF object definition to DB sync job has failed to create the object definition.
- The object definition is created but is inactive:
Search for inactive and then enable it or make it visible.
- The MDF object definition to DB sync job has failed to create the object definition:
Go to Provisioning > run the job MDF Object Definition to DB sync > login after 10-15 minutes and you should be able to see the object(s).
- Initialize the object:
1. Navigate to Configure Object Definition and select an Object
2. In the URL add the Object ID to the end of the URL for example:
You can add the id of any missing MDF Object for example; TimeType, PaymentInformationV3, BusinessUnit
3. Once the Object loads and you can see it, make sure the object is active and using "Take Action: Make Correction" make a small change, such as adding a description or changing the label and save the object.
4. Run the MDF Object Definition to DB sync job from Provisioning as described above.
For customers: 2534674 - How to fix inconsistencies in MDF Objects List?
To clear the Metadata Cache:
- Admin Center
- OData API Metadata Refresh and Export
- Refresh Metadata Cache*
*If this is not a visible option in Admin Center, then you will need to permission it via RBP. The tool is found under the permission category Manage Integration Tools.
For Partners and Customer Support:
To clear the MDF Cache via Provisioning:
- Under "MDF Cache Tool" click "Clear Cache" link
- Click "Click to clear cache" button
d5e0b708d9fab7bcf54e4d7089137f017dbc00b0, Configure Object Definitions, MDF cache, report, Person and Employment Audit Report, failure, fingerprint id = d5e0b708d9fab7bcf54e4d7089137f017dbc00b0, manage data , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-REP , Reporting Data (EC core only) , LOD-SF-EC-MDF , MDF & EC2MDF Migration , Problem