- Whenever making Job Information changes for example when User A's manager is User B and we try assigning User A as a manager of User B, a validation message is presented upon saving and if you click on proceed, the data is saved successfully.
- Due to this, Manager Cycle errors are presented on the BizX side.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - Job Information
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to any Supervisor's Job Info record (ensure that this user has Direct Reports)
- Assign one of the Direct Reports as the Supervisor's new Manager
- Save the record.
- The following message is shown and when you click on Proceed, the data is saved.
- As of the moment, this is only the level of validation available on the Job Information side. As of b1911, no hardcoded validation is preventing this action from being saved.
- The behavior has been reviewed with our colleagues from Engineering and Product Management. Code change will be implemented targeted on the b2005 release to prevent this scenario from happening moving forward.
- Expectation is that a hardcoded error message will be shown and users will not be able to make such changes to be consistent with the behavior on the BizX side.
ECT-126811, manager cycle validation, allowed, job information , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-JOB , Job Information , Product Enhancement