- Customer would like to change the default locale and/or the date format when manually importing/exporting their User Data File
- Customer would like the default locale and/or the date format to match the logged-in user's language settings
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
On both "Employee Import" or "Employee Export" tools, customers have an additional section named "Specify Character Encodings, Locale, Date Format, and Batch Process Option".
To change the locale of your User Data File, please open that additional section and select one of the options available in the dropdown list named "Supported Locales". The date format will match the locale selected.
NOTE: The default selection of that field has no relation with the logged-in user's language settings. From December 1st, 2019 onwards, the default selection will be always set to English (US) regardless of the language configured in the instance or by the user.
- 2320676 - Platform - File encoding and impact on import jobs. Tips & Tricks from Support
- 2088050 - Data Imports: Special Characters in the User Data File - Platform
- 2088736 - Data characters loaded incorrectly by import - Platform
- 2087466 - Data Imports & Exports: Employee Export - Export as a batch process - Platform
- 2352071 - The HRIS Sync Mapping of a EC Date field to a Custom EP field is the Incorrect Format
employee import, employee export, date format, user data file, supported locale, default locale, udf , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-LAN , Translations & Text Replacements , LOD-SF-EC-PER-ADR , Home Adress - Config, Rules, RBP, UI , LOD-SF-PLT-UEX , Employee Export Issues , LOD-SF-PLT-UIM , Employee Import Issues , Problem