While trying to add a resource to a role in a customer project/internal project, the following error occurs "Project xxxxx, work package xxxx: <activity type> is not a valid resource/expense type".
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- SAP Fiori
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the project planning apps (Plan Customer Project / Plan Internal Project)
- Go to the work packages tab and select a work package to see the details.
- Try to staff an employee/add an additional resource.
- Save and you get the error message.
- The cost center category of the activity type is not assigned to "C" (Professional Service).
- The cost center category of the activity type is assigned to "*" (All categories).
- Please maintain the cost center category of the activity type to "C" (Professional Service) in app Manage Activity Types.
- If you want maintain more than one cost center category for an activity type, please select it individually. And make sure that cost center category "C" is also maintained along with other categories.
Plan customer projects, work packages, activity type, resource, expense, valid, cloud, employee, cost center category, Plan internal projects, /CPD/SS_MESSAGES/221, Manage Activity Types , KBA , CA-CPD-SS , S/4HANA Professional Services Cloud - CPM , Problem