You have created a project which is in In Planning status. However when you try to release the project system shows this error.
error may also appear as"The action ACTIVATE is not possible. Refresh the screen and try again. If the problem persists, report an incident"
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Project Management work center
- Go to the Projects View
- Select the relevant Project
- Select Edit and Project Plan tab
- Navigate to Gannt Chart sub tab and Basic Data sub tab
- Set the Project status as Start and Release
- Error appears
1. The corresponding project baseline is in In planning status where system does not allow to release the projects without active baseline and hence the error message appears.
Create a base line and have it approved and it should be in active status then you can set the Project status as Start and Release successfully.
KBA 2883013 - Error Message:The action SUBMIT_FOR_APPROVAL is not possible. Refresh the screen and try again. If the problem persists, report an incident
The action ACTIVATE is not possible. Refresh the screen and try again. If the problem persists, report an incident; You cannot start or release a project without an active baseline; Project type is obsolete; Action not executed; data has been changed in parallel session,Error Appears While Trying to Release the Project , KBA , data has been changed in parallel sessio , start or release a project with baseline , activate is not possible. refresh screen , the action activate is not possible , AP-PRO , Project Processing , Problem