You are trying to add Profit Center/Segment reporting in the scoping of your tenant. Upon trying to complete the configuration, you see the following messages:
- Currently unable to finalize these scope changes; some of your decisions would cause inconsistencies in your fine-tuning settings or the productive data. If the error messages are displayed, resolve them before your proceed.
- Resolve Profit Centre Segment related warnings in Org Management
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Access the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the First Implementation project.
- Click Edit Project Scope.
- Navigate to section 4 - Questions by clicking the Next button.
- Select and expand the Financial and Management Accounting option.
- Select and expand the General Ledger option.
- Select General Ledger.
- Under section Questions for General Ledger (right-side column), locate question "You can create financial reports based on segments and profit centers" and check the box for it.
- Click Next.
- On step 5 - Review, click Finish.
- Error message is raised.
There might be some warnings related to profit centers and/or segments in your current org structure.
In general, before scoping is completed, a check is done to verify if the organizational structure will remain consistent with the new scoping question switched on — although the settings causing the warnings to be raised might be fine in the current Business Configuration, they might not be acceptable after the new scoping is in place.
First, check if there are any organizational centers already maintained in the system. If so, check if the structure raises any warnings upon checking:
- Go to the Organizational Management work center.
- Access the Org Structures work center.
- Select the top-most org unit of your structure.
- Click Edit.
- In the Planning Area screen, click Check, then select Check All.
If there are warnings, please correct them (the messages have straightforward texts on what must be altered) and activate the changes afterwards. This is highly recommended for any scoping change that may affect Organizational Management.
Once warnings have been resolved, you should be able to scope the question. If there are no warnings or even after resolving them, the error message is still raised in the Business Configuration, please report an incident.
Organizational Management, Organizational Structure, Profit Centre, Segment, Profit Center, Segment Accounting, Resolve Profit Centre Segment related warnings in Org Management , KBA , segment accounting , organizational structure , profit center , organizational management , profit centre segment , AP-OM , Organisational Management , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To