Business Role XYZ has the required work center views in it. When you try to assign the Business Role XYZ to the Business User, the views are not getting assigned, even if the views are available in the Business Role. You see the error messages.
When you try to assign the Business Role XYZ to the Business User, the views are not getting assigned, and system throws the below errors:
View SRM_PRODUCTSBYMATERIALS can't be assigned since it depends on view SRM_PRODUCTSREPORTS
View SRM_PRODUCTSBYSERVICES can't be assigned since it depends on view SRM_PRODUCTSREPORTS
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
To create a Business Role:
- Go to Application and User Management workcenter
- Go to User and Access Management view
- Go to Business Roles subview
- Select New to create the Business Role XYZ (where XYZ represents the Business Role)
- Assign the required workcenter views in it
- Save the Business Role
- Set it to Active status
To assign the Business Role XYZ to the Business User:
- Go to Application and User Management work center
- Go Business Users view
- Search for Business User
- Select Edit and choose Access Rights
- In Business Role Assignment tab, assign the Business Role: XYZ
- You observe the mentioned errors
The errors could be due to one of the below reasons:
1. The Business User is not a manager in the system. For the Business User, the Restriction Rule 02 - Restrict to Managed Organizational Unit's Company of SRM_PRODUCTSREPORTS is not able to determine any restriction. While assigning the authorization of view SRM_PRODUCTSREPORTS to user, the system tries to find the managed units by this Business User. Since it is not able to determine any, it is raising the error.
2. The Employee ID which is corresponding to the Business User is a lean Employee in the system. That is, only basic data of Employee has been created through migration tool. Migration of Personnel Administration data is not done and therefore, the data/ properties for Position, Work Agreement, Employment etc. are not available in the system for this Employee.
Business Role with Restriction Calculation Rule will assign the view only if the restrictions can be determined for the specific view and rule. If the implementation of the rule does not return any restrictions, it will not assign the view. This is the standard behavior of business roles functionality. From the authorization framework, it is working as per the design.
As per the root cause, you may use one of the below approaches to resolve the issue.
1. Ensure that the Business User is a manager or remove the Restriction.
2. Position ID is required during calculation of Access Context Restriction Rules. The Business Role XYZ with such Restriction Rules cannot be assigned to this Business User. Assign the work center views manually for the Business User or create a Business Role without the Restriction Rules.
Access Rights, Business User, View can't be assigned, Application and User Management, Position ID, Restriction Rules, Personnel Administration, Employee , KBA , view can't be assigned , business user , employee , restriction rules , position id , access rights , personnel administration , SRD-CC-IAM , Identity & Access Management , Problem