When saving an e-mail from Outlook to Cloud for Customer using the server-side integration the e-mail texts will not be transmitted completely due to special characters "<" and ">" in the e-mail text.
The same is true for images sent in the message text.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Activities Work Center.
- Go to the E-Mails View.
- Open the e-mail in question.
- In tab Overview scroll down to Message.
- Compare to the e-mail from Outlook.
- Text within "<" and ">" from the Outlook e-mail are missing in the system.
This is as per system design. Anything within the brackets "<" and ">" will be removed.
Images will not be shown in the Message tab of an E-Mail.
To see the actual content for such e-mails you can view the e-mail in the E-Mail Viewer tab.
KBA 2785866 - E-mail Viewer Tab Is Not Visible
special characters; e-mail; E-Mail Viewer; server-side integration; Outlook, Email viewer , KBA , image , LOD-CRM-GW-SRV , Server side groupware intergration , LOD-CRM-ACT , Activities , How To