You see the below error when opening your PDI Solution:
"Severe error while opening a solution: System.IO.PathTooLongException: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters."
- SAP Cloud Application Studio
- SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to Cloud Application Studio.
- In the My Solutions View, double-click your Custom Solution.
The full path of the Solution has exceeded the Maximum Limit. You can see the full path of the Solution through the Cloud Application Studio by following the steps:
- Select the Administration tab and click Options and Settings...
- Expand Projects and Solutions.
- Select General.
- You can see the system path of where your Solutions are saved locally under Projects Location.
You need to shorten this path so it is below the Maximum Limit (260 characters). To shorten the path, simply select another location on the system. Click the "..." beside the specified Projects Location to change the directory.
SDK, PDI, Administration, Projects, filepath, Maximum, limit, reached, fail, open, unsuccessful , KBA , AP-RC-BDS-INS , ByDesign Studio Installer , Problem