When you change a field in a business document and click Save, error message "Entry <&1> for <&2> field not consistent as per Code List Restriction. Please contact your system administrator" popup.
- SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Here take Opportunity as an example:
- Go to Sales work center.
- Go to Opportunity work center view.
- Open an Opportunity and try to change the entry to XXXX for ABC field (ABC represents the field name).
- Click save and find error message "Entry <XXXX> for <ABC> field not consistent as per Code List Restriction. Please contact your system administrator" popup.
This error is because of an inconsistency between the business configuration and the definition of Code List Restriction for <ABC> field.
A: You can delete the related Code List Restriction.
B: Alternatively, you can suppress such Error Message in Business Configuration by the following method:
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Overview and search for Activity “Code List Restrictions”.
- Mark the "Suppress Message" flag for message ID 015(CM_MSG_CLR).
Entry <&1> for <&2>, Code List Restrction, Suppress Message , KBA , LOD-CRM-OPP , Opportunity Management , How To