- Is it possible to copy only configuration during an Instance Sync?
- Is it possible to copy only data during an Instance Sync?
- Segregation of configuration and data for Instance Synchronization tool.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
You are performing an Instance Sync between two instances and you are wondering if it is possible to choose what will be copied. Yes, it is. In order to do that, please review the following steps:
- Ensure that Instance Synchronization Tool is enabled and properly configured for both Source and Target Instances. You may follow the KBA 2691568 - Platform - Instance Sync Tool for further information and guidance on this check;
- You need to enable Data Artifact in both instances. Please follow the KBA 2714144 - [Instance Sync] How to enable data artifacts sync between instances? for further information and guidance on this procedure;
- Also, both environments should be in the b1911 release.
Which are the steps should I perform in my environment?
- In source instance access Admin Center > Search for Instance Synchronization Wizard;
- Select Configuration Copy > Next;
- Click go through the Instance Synchronization Wizard tool from the beginning option;
- Select target data center, target instance environment and target instance ID > Start;
- In the next page you will have the option to select if configuration or data should be copied;
- After these steps you can perform the same steps than before completing an Instance Sync.
Instance Sync, syncing, sync data, sync configuration, Instance Sync tool , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-IST , Instance Sync Tool , How To