You are Inserting/Upserting Product Category Descriptions using Data Workbench, but you get error: 'ParentObjectID is not provided for Product Category Description'.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Data Workbench work centre.
- Go to the Import view.
- Select Insert/Upsert Individual Object.
- Choose object Product Category Description and click Next.
- Upload your import file.
- Finish the inser/upsert and the above error is thrown.
There are already Product Category Descriptions in the system for the same product categories, likely to be for a different language. Because there is already a ParentObjectID for these, the same ParentObjectID needs to be used for the corresponding product categories, using Update rather than Insert/Upsert.
Please try the below steps:
- Extract the existing descriptions by Exporting Product Category Descriptions through Data Workbench.
- In the extracted CSV file, find the relevant Product Category IDs in question.
- Now delete the values of the columns ObjectID and HeaderObjectID (Do Not remove the column names).
- Maintain a new External_Key for the records.
- Maintain the data for Language and Product_Category_Description
- Upload this data using Update in Data Workbench.
- It should go through successfully.
DWB, Import, Product Category , KBA , LOD-CRM-INT-DWB , Data Workbench , How To