- Test user settings has been changed during upgrade.
- Default user is not valid.
- Username is blocked.
- Test Process stuck at 0%.
- Pre-Check result failed.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
Reproducing the Issue
- Open "Manage your solution" App.
- Click "Test Your process" App.
- Execute one of the test plans available in the system.
As of SAP S/4HANA CE 1911 HFC02 the e-mail ids fail the execution precheck, thus preventing the test plans to be executed. E-mail Ids were not considered as part of the execution prechecks because they are not unique in the system - Same e-mail id can be associated with more than one user, thus leading to a conflict.
A summary of the failed checks is displayed as shown in the following image:
The system performs a set of prechecks before a test plan is executed. These prechecks ensure the following:
- User Valid: Every business user account has a validity period. To extend the validity of a user, contact your system administrator.
- User Locked: The user can be locked due to multiple reasons, the most common being multiple failed login attempts. A system administrator can also lock a user. To get a user unlocked, contact your system administrator.
- Test Automation Tool Roles: The business user executing the test plan must have one of the two specific roles (BPC_EXPERT or ADMIN_TEST_AUTOMATION) to communicate the test execution results back to the Test Automation Tool.
- Application Roles: Each application requires specific roles to access it. This is normally maintained in the Application Document or the Best Practice Document. Please also make sure that you have provided the correct Application tag. You may use the search help button in the Manage your test process app to input the correct Application tag.
- Verify the Credentials maintained for Test User: A valid user name from the system has to be selected via the value help (refer the screenshot below) and also maintain the right password associated with the selected username. However, existing instances of e-mail ids maintained in user name field are failing one of the execution pre-checks, check for validity, and thus execution of test process fails. To circumvent the problem, it is advised to maintain the business user again. Please note that there is a change in behavior as now the business user field doesn’t allow free text entry.
test plan, 0%, block, invalid username, test user, business user, email, e-mail id, default user, test your process, manage test process, test plan, s4_pc, s4hc, ca-ctt-s4c , KBA , CA-CTT-S4C , CTT-Customer Test Tool, S4C-START for S/4HANA CE , Problem