- Fail to load data to model with the error message "Violation: Data cannot be written to the area of the cube (no access)"
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2019
- Import Connection
Reproducing the Issue
- Create an import connection
- Create a model
- Schedule to load data to the model
- The job fails : Violation: Data cannot be written to the area of the cube (no access)
The error occurs because that particular scheduled import job was running in the context of a User, and DAC (Data Access Control) was not set up for that user.
Solution 1: Setup Data Access Control for the User who you intend the scheduled import to run under.
Solution 2: The user context of the the scheduled job can be switched if its model and corresponding connection are shared to another user, and that user makes certain changes to the scheduled job. Then make following change to the scheuduled job:
- Log on as the model creator, or whichever user you intend the scheduled import to run under.
- Go to the model
- Switch to the "Data Management" view
- Check the scheduled import job in question
- Click on the "Schedule Settings" button.
- The right panel will switch to the "Schedule Settings" panel
- Click the "Save" button without changing anything
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, fetch data , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , Problem