- How to exclude inactive users in the search for different module pages (not in the global header people search)?
- Configure Role-Based Permissions to control the auto-complete search results in module pages so that the information is provided on a need-to-know basis.
- NOTE: This permission does NOT impact behavior of the People Search in the global page header
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP Successfactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
Both inactive and active users appear in the search results for different module pages when "Show inactive user in people search (requires Role-based Permissions)" is enabled.
As part of the 1911 enhancement, the exclusion of inactive users in People Profile and Directory Search pages' search can now be controlled via RBP. Inactive users will only show if the user has RBP permission to search these inactive users.
The permission "Include Inactive Employees in the search" enables users to search for inactive users on the People Profile and Directory Search.
How to enable the functionality?
- Go to Admin Center > Manage Permission Roles
- Select the role
- Click "Permission..." > Manage Users
- Enable switch "Include Inactive Employees in the search"
- This permission does NOT impact behavior of the People Search in the global page header, which is controlled by a company-level configuration setting and not by role-based permissions.
- This permission cannot be restricted to a target population and is granted to everyone in the permission role.
- This permission does NOT impact the behavior for the Org Chart search, inactive user will not be returned regardless if the permission is configured or not.
For more information about this feature, please refer to: People Search in Module Pages
inactive user, search, people search, rbp, permission, Show inactive user in people search (requires Role-based Permissions), org chart, module search, rbp control, auto complete search results, people profile, employee central, bizx, platform, recruiting, onboarding, role based permission, performance , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-SRH , Search , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , Product Enhancement