This KB article explains how to configure and enable the Evergreen Job Requisitions feature.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting
What is Evergreen for Job Requisitions
An Evergreen Requisition is created to build a pool of candidates for critical positions within the organization. Typically these are posted for a longer period and not linked to a specific position within the organization.
Evergreen requisition lets you pool potential candidates for positions that are critical and are hard to fill, or when many positions are available and require a permanent list of potential candidates. The requirements are more generic and not linked to a specific office location as an example. As a Recruiter or a Hiring Manager, you can forward the candidate from Evergreen requisition to standard job requisitions when it’s available for a regular hiring process.
Multiple hiring managers have access to view candidate profiles. When a specific position becomes available, they can forward the candidates to the open vacancy and start the normal recruitment process. Recruiters or Hiring Managers can create the new evergreen requisition and associate child requisitions to it. The evergreen requisitions are reportable on adhoc reports and Embedded Analytics reports. Evergreen and Child requisitions are created and approved in the normal way.
Evergreen requisitions are helpful in industries like call centers, retail management, hospitals, and health care management. For example, consider the positions for qualified nurses. Multiple hospitals in a city constantly need qualified nurses. While applying for a job, the candidate isn’t selecting a specific hospital but applying to a pool of candidates for consideration.
Another example where an organization is hiring a hundred software engineers. The organization can create an evergreen requisition with a generic job description and a job title. The job location isn’t mentioned in the evergreen requisition. Then add child requisitions such as software engineers - Java developer, location: Houston, Software engineers as DevOps Intern, location: USA, Software Engineers for .Net platform, location: Mexico.
How to configure it
- To enable Evergreen Requisitions the field "evergreen" will need to be defined and permissioned on the Job Requisition XML template
- The field Job Requisition Type "sfstd_jobReqType" will need to be enabled and permissioned. This field controls the visibility of the Job requisition Type field as well as the Parent ID field on the Job requisition Details page.
- The button permission "LinkChildRequisitions" will also need to be granted to the desired operators
- To define the field on the requisition the job requisition template will need to be edited
- This can be done by an implementation partner in provisioning or in Manage Templates in the Admin Center
- By default, the evergreen requisition button will always be set as inactive. There is no possibility to set this button is active automatically.
- Evergreen requisitions can be used to support all types of requisition posting.
To enable from provisioning (Implementation Partner only)
- In the XML template define the bool field "evergreen", please find sample code below.
<field-definition id="evergreen" type="bool" required="false" custom="false">
<field-label lang="en_US"><![CDATA[Ever Green]]></field-label>
- Grant Read and Write permissions for the evergreen field to operators you want to be able to change a requisition from a standard requisition to an Evergreen requisition.
- Define the derived field "sfstd_jobReqType" in the requisition XML template, please see the bellow sample code:
<field-definition id="sfstd_jobReqType" type="derived" required="false" custom="false">
<field-label><![CDATA[Job Requisition Type]]></field-label>
<field-description><![CDATA[Job Requisition Type]]></field-description>
- Grant read permissions for the "sfstd_jobReqType" field to whatever operator you want to see the Job Requisition Type field and Parent Job requisition ID field. Please note write permissions are not supported.
- Grant the button permission "LinkChildRequisitions" to the operators you want to be able to link child requisitions to the Evergreen requisition. Please find sample code below.
<description><![CDATA[Who is allowed to add child requisitions to evergreen requisitions]]></description>
To enable in Manage Templates
- Go to Manage Templates and select the Job Requisition template you want to add the field to.
- Select "# Fields Defined. Click to modify."
- Click "Add" then "Add standard field".
- In the new standard field, for the dropdown list for Field-ID select evergreen, select bool for Field Type and then add a Field Label.
- Add a second field. In the new standard field, for the dropdown list for Field-ID select sfstd_jobReqType, select derived for Field Type and then add a Field Label.
- Select "# Field Permissions defined. Click to modify.
- Grant write permissions for the operator role you want to be able to edit the evergreen field. For example in the below screenshot the recruiter has been granted write permissions for the field when the requisition is pre-approved.
- Grant read permissions to the sfstd_jobReqType field for the operator you want to see the Job requisition Type and Parent Job requisition ID field. Please note they can only have read permissions. For example, in the below screenshot I have given the recruiter read permissions when the requisition is in an approved state.
- Click Done then select "# Button Permissions. Click to modify".
- Select "Add button permission". In the new button permission select the operator role you want to be able to link Child Requisition to the Evergreen Requisitions in "Button Permission Role Name" and under "Button Permission Button" select "Link Child Job Requisition". For example in the below screenshot the Recruiter has been granted permission to link Child requisitions to an Evergreen requisition.
- Click Done and then Publish the Job Requsiition Template. There might be some validation warnings when uploading the template which highlight minor configuration issues with the requisition template, however if the change was uploaded successfully you will see the below success message in the top right corner.
- KB article 2858914 - Common Questions about Linking Requisitions to Evergreen Requisitions
- KB article 2858956 - Evergreen Label is not obeying the XML template
- KB article 2859581 - When adding a child requisition to an Evergreen requisition the Pop window stays up
- KB article 2859990 - How can I report on Evergreen and Child Requisitions - Recruiting Management
- KB article 2860068 - Job Requisition Filter Defaults to Standard
- KB article 2860174 - Can Evergreen requisition work with Position Management?
- KB article 2860163 - Parent Id and Job Req Type fields appear on top of the Job Requisition Page
sf, success factors, RCM, inactive, active, default, posting types, internal posting, external posting , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-JOB , Job Postings & Requisitions , How To