When connecting to SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise from Crystal Reports, how to restrict the available Authentication types?
- The following Authentication types are all available, how to limit it to specific Authentication Types only?
- Oracle EBS
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- PeopleSoft Enterprise
- Windows AD
SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
In Crystal Reports, under the menu "File", select "Open..."
- In the "Open" window, in the left pane, click on "Enterprise"
- In the "Log On to BusinessObjects Enterprise" window, in the Authentication drop-down, all of the referenced authentication types are listed by default. How to only display specific one?
- The SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise Authentication types listed in Crystal Reports are populated from the Auth Plugins registry, therefore to remove specific Athentication Types rename one you do not want to see listed.
WARNINGS The following resolution involves editing the Microsoft Registry. Using the Microsoft Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems. Use the Microsoft Registry Editor at your own risk. For more information see the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1323322
Also, additional care should be taken if implementing this resolution when other SAP BusinessObjects client products are also installed locally, as these changes may impact those other SAP BusinessObjects client products.
- Open the Microsoft Registry Editor (regedit)
- In the Microsoft Registry Editor, navigate to the following path:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Enterprise\Auth Plugins
- It will display all the Authentication Types. To disable any given Authentication type -- i.e. to remove it from the list of Authentication options within Crystal Reports -- simply rename the associated parent key to a different value. For example rename: secLDAP to: secLDAP-disabled
The table below, lists the registry keys and their corresponding Authentication types
secEnterprise Enterprise secLDAP LDAP secOraAps Oracle EBS secPSE1 JD Edwards EnterpriseOne secpsenterprise PeopleSoft Enterprise secSAPR3 SAP secSiebel7 Siebel7 secWinAD Windows AD
Note: To restore any Authentication Type, rename the registry key to its original value.
- Restart the Crystal Reports designer for the changes to take effect.
CR, remove, delete, withhold , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To
SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016