When defining rules for Sales Quote Parties, you find the value help list for the field "Role" is empty, so that you cannot define a party role.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Administrator work center.
- Go to the Sales and Campaign Settings work center view.
- Click Define Rules for Sales Quote Parties.
- In the Sales Quote Party Rules page, click the asterrisk for field 'Role'.
- In the value help, you get the message: 'No items found'.
The 'Define Rules for Sales Quote Parties' is used for defining an 'Approver' role. In an Approval Process for sales quotes, you can add the work distribution 'Customer Defined Involved Party' to the sales quote approval process.
This means the approval process step will consider this rule.
Hence, if you do not have an Approval party role in the fine-tuning activity 'Party Role Definition', or if the role is not added to sales quotes involved parties, the above issue happens.
- Navigate to the fine-tuning activity Party Role Definition. Create a new party role and assign party category Approver.
- Navigate to the fine-tuning activity Involved Parties for Sales Quotes. Add the role to the sales quotes involved parties.
The details are also documented in our help document in Help Portal.
Scope and Configure Sales Quotes >> navigate to 'Configure Sales Quote Approver Determination' part.
Define Rules for Sales Quote, Parties, Party Role, Role , KBA , LOD-LE-CQP , Customer Quote Processing , How To