Ex.rate diff.accts are incomplete for account issued on clearing of open item managed account
Acct determination is incorrect: Comp. Code &1 - Val. Area &2 - Acct &3 issued on Foreign Currency Valuation
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
S/4 HANA CLOUD
Reproducing the Issue
- Journal Entries are created for which exchange rate differences will arise on clearing/foreign currency valuation
- Example on Clearing Clear G/L Accounts (App ID F1579) Error occurs on Simulate or Post.
The accounts for posting exchange rate differences could not be determined.
- In Manage Your Solution -> Configure Your Solution -> Application Area: Finance -> Sub Application Area: General Ledger -> Item Name : Chart of Accounts -> Step Name: Automatic Account Determination ID 100297
Area: Financial Accounting
Sub Area: General Ledger Accounting
Process: Prepare Automatic Postings for Foreign Currency Valuation
- Click button Step 2
Transaction Key KDF (Exchange Rate Dif.:Open Items/GL Acct
Chart of Accounts concerned
- Click on Button Step 3
- Click on Add and scroll down to newly added fields
- Add Account involved in clearing and other relevant details including Loss and Gain Account in section Exchange Rate Difference Realized. (note if account is to be valuated in Foregin Currency Valuation ensure that loss, gain and B/S Adjmt are also filled in section Valuation - otherwise error FR670 will occur)
The Currency Type field is only relevant for Valuation
For Clearing the document Currency is relevant in customizing for the exchange rate difference realized not the currency type.
- Click on Review and Save
F1579, KDF, F5063, CLOUD, outgoing, incoming, payment, FR670, Acct determination is incorrect: Comp. Code &1 - Val. Area &2 - Acct &3 , KBA , FI-FIO-GL , Fiori UI for General Ledger Accounting , FI-FIO-AP , Fiori UI for Accounts Payable , FI-FIO-AR , Fiori UI for Accounts Receivable , Problem