- RBP Check Tool for Report - Canvas introduced in Q4 2019 for Detailed Reporting & Advanced Reporting (Online Report Designer / ORD)
- How-to use the Check Tool for Report - Canvas
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Check Tool
In the latest version of the RBP Check Tool for the Online Report Designer, it will check for reports built with either the Detailed Reporting or the Advanced Reporting Data Source.
Scenario 1 (Detailed Reporting Data Source):
- If the Report - Canvas uses a Detailed Reporting Data Source; the check will inform the user if they do NOT have permission for module or domain for which the report is built on.
Scenario 2 (Advanced Reporting Data Source):
- The check generates an error when a user does NOT have permissions for some fields included in the report.
- The check will tell the admin using the tool for which table the field belongs to so they can modify their RBP accordingly.
How to use Check Tool for Report - Canvas
- From Admin Center, search for "Check Tool"
- Under Application drop down, select/search for Reporting
- Expand Reporting> Configuration Issues
- Check the checkbox for "Role-based permissions for Online Report Designer are enabled".
- Click on "Run 1 Check".
- When Check Parameters window pops up, search for the user running into Report-Canvas RBP error in "*Select User", then search for the report in "*Select Online Report Designer".
- Click on Run and wait for the result under result column.
- Click on the issue hyperlink and this will give you details on which object/table the user lacks permission to in order to run the report successfully.
Check Tool, RBP, Online Report Designer, ORD, Report - Canvas, Report Center, EC Advanced Reporting, Realms, Detailed Reporting, b1911, Release, Q4 2019 , KBA , role based permissions prevent viewing , rbp error , LOD-SF-ANA-ORD , Online Report Designer , LOD-SF-ANA-ADV , Advanced Reporting (ODS) , Problem