You cannot find a way to translate the User Drop-down menu.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Administration work centre.
- Go to the General Settings view.
- Click the Language Adaptation link.
- Create a new Language Adaptation.
- Click the pencil icon to edit.
- In the Text Pool Selection, you cannot find any option that allows you to collect text that includes the user drop-down menu.
This drop-down is not part of any UI component but belongs to the UI framework. Today these texts cannot be adapted using the Language Adaptation tool. This was also the case previously with the HTML5 UI.
- You can translate the texts into languages not supported by SAP but you cannot change framework texts delivered by SAP.
- This was decided to avoid confusion between customers and support/development. Re-labeling framework texts makes it hard to find central functionality on the UI.
If you find a translation in that menu that you consider incorrect, kindly open an incident with SAP support and we will check with the relevant SAP Translation development team.
Should this be the case, please provide a screenshot and the full translation in English as well as the target language.
Please provide the existing as well as the suggested translation in writing, not only as screenshot, for both languages.
Language adaptation, adaptation, Translation, user drop-down menu, Annotation, Settings, Report Incident, Track my, Switch Display Mode, Download, My background jobs, Annotate, Start Personalization, Share your ideas, about, help, sign out. , KBA , LOD-CRM-TRA-EL , Greek Translation , Problem