In a partial invoice clearing scenario, in which an invoice is partially cleared with an outgoing bank transfer payment (confirmed via Bank Statement AAA) and later remaining balance cleared with other outgoing transfer payment (confirmed with Bank Statement BBB), executing the Bank Statement Item Details Report for AAA shows incorrect Transaction Amount.
AAA means Bank Statement ID.
BBB means Bank Statement ID.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Analytics work center.
- Go to the Design Reports view.
- Open Bank Statement Item Details Report (Report ID: FINPAYU07_Q0001).
- Enter Bank Statement ID AAA and respective Company and Bank Account.
- Press Enter in the keyboard to execute the report.
- Notice that for Reference Item XXX and External Reference ZZZ the Transaction Amount is not equal to the respective Bank Statement Line Item amount, as shown in Bank Statement AAA. In this case, the Reference Item is for an Outgoing Bank Transfer which is partially clearing a supplier invoice. However, instead of showing the Outgoing Bank Transfer amount (invoice cleared amount), the report shows the remaining balance (yet to be cleared) of the respective supplier invoice.
XXX means the Reference Item, which also represents the Bank Statement Line Item ID.
ZZZ means the External Reference, which also represents the Bank Statement Line Item Document ID.
- Supplier Invoice of 400.000,00 USD.
- Outgoing Bank Transfer of 325.000,00 USD (hence Bank Statement Line Item Debit Amount of 325.000,00 USD) partially clearing the invoice.
- Bank Statement Item Details Report > Transaction Amount should display 325.000,00 USD, but displays invoice's remaining balance of -75.000,00 USD instead.
Remark: executing the report for the Bank Statement ID BBB will display the correct Transaction Amount of -75.000,00 USD for the remaining balance cleared.
This is a system limitation.
For further known limitations concerning Bank Statement Item Details Report, please check KBA 2584007.
Bank Statement Items Details; FINPAYU07_Q0001; Bank Reconciliation; transaction amount; remaining balance; reference item; external reference; bank statement line item; debit amount , KBA , bank statement items details , remaining balance , debit amount , finpayu07_q0001 , external reference , reference item , bank statement line item , bank reconciliation , transaction amount , AP-PAY-ANA , Analytics , AP-PAY-BS , Bank Statement , Product Enhancement