Item and SO are set up with an Approval Process and users are able to self-approve/bypass it.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- User A is also a supervisor;
- Item + SO are created with Approval Process required;
- Approval Process is set as 1-step and contains a Default Approval Role (Employee) + a specific person;
- Acting as User A, I self-enroll in the SO via catalog;
- Approval now is pending;
- Using the same User A, I go to "My Employees" tab;
- Go to "Approvals";
- I am able to view my user's request and I am able to self-approve the request.
The Default Approval Role "Employee" allows users to approve their requests prior it goes to the next approval step. See more about Default Approval Roles in the SAP Note below.
If it's desired to not allow users to self-approve their own requests, it's recommended to remove the Employee Approval Role from the Approval Process step.
2388358 - FAQ - Default Approval Roles vs Custom Approval Roles
approval process, bypass approval process, employee bypass, employee self-approve, self-enroll , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-TAP , Approvals , How To