Poor performance in SAC related to Planning Functions or Planning Models
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- Quick Wins:
- Refresh Browser Cache:
- F12 or right click to select the "Inspect"
- Go to the "Refresh" button, and you will see 3 selections
- Choose "Empty Cache and Hard reload"
- Make sure the tips in "Best Practices for Performance" has been applied
- Check if “Optimize Story Building Performance” in on in Model Preferences under Data and Performance
- Check if you can delete the private versions: open model -> Planning and time range -> Delete Private Versions
- Check if Data Access Control on the dimension level for all users
[Better to use Data Access Control using Autorization concept using Roles, Teams]
- Dimension Hierarchy:
- Check if the performance degradation only occurs when the story contains kind of form a hierarchy
And the performance gets better once you change it to "flat presentation"
- Input data:
- Check if zero value is pre-seeded into a very large number of cells in the model. In this case, input data will cause very large queries on the backend.
- Check with your business team if they really need zero values in cells that are initially unbooked
- Data Size:
- Check if the data size is within the SAC limitation: System Sizing, Tuning, and Limits
- General approace to reduce the amount of data:
- Apply more stricter filters
- Work with different models for different personas
- Avoid "cascading effect" setting which is on by default in filters.
- 2652024 - Significant performance decrease when using filters in an SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) Story
- Enable Beta table[suited for large tables]
- Disable the thresholds on cross calculations.
- Switch to the condensed row height layout via Styling (the icon right next to "Builder") -> Table Properties -> Row Height -> Super Condensed.
- Check if the performance can be better when using the right click -> Table Function -> "Ignore Data Locks" on a table.
- Take network trace
- 2280022 - How to collect a HTTP archive (HAR) file (Chrome developer tools network trace) in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Take performance trace
- right click - Inspect
- go to performance tab
- click the record button
- reproduce the issue
- stop the recording
- save the trace profile
- zip and attach into the incident.
- Submit an incident to SAP:
- Information needed:
- SAC Tenant Link
- SAC Model Link
- SAC Story Link
- Steps to reproduce
2831999 - SAC: User-specific performance issue when updating data in the story
2652024 - Significant Performance decrease when using filters in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) Story
2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud *** Master KBA ***
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, observed that the Browse > Models is missing in our SAC tenant. Has there been any change in the options with the recent updates , KBA , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , Problem