- The error 'Assignment exists and is valid (Message no. CL731)' when using the Migration Object 'Object Classification '
- Not able to update / assign classification to an Object such as a Product through the Migration Cockpit ( Migrate your data App )
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the migration project in the migration cockpit.
- Open the migration object "Object Classification".
- 3. add, activate and transfer XML file.
- 4. steps 1 (validate data) and 2 (convert values) go through without problems.
- 5. step 3 (simulate import) schedules with displayed error.
The Migration Tool failed because there is already Classification for the object ( for example material ) and class is already assigned.
This tool can work only on Objects without any Classification, by design.
If your purpose is to test the Migration Tool, you can test it by removing the existing Classification for that material (use Product Master application, remove any classes assigned to that material and save it), and then try again the Transfer.
If your purpose is to transfer the Characteristic value(s) for that Classification, then you can either set the Characteristic Values manually in Product Master application, or you can remove all Class assignments for that material and then try again the Transfer.
KBA , CA-CL-CLS , Classes , CA-GTF-MIG , SAP S/4HANA Data Migration Cockpit Content (LTMC) , Problem