- When starting SAP ASE using startsap script after installing Business suite on ASE, the following error message happened and SAP ASE failed to start.
ERROR: log parser detected occurances of message 'Database 'master' is now online.' in /sybase/<SID>/ASE-16_0/install/<SID>.log
grep: can't open /sybase/<SID>/ASE-16_0/install/<SID>.log.
- While the error message was displaying, there was a message below in the /sybase/<SID>/ASE-16_0/install/<SID>_BS.console.
"PATH environment variable length should be less than  bytes. Unable to start /sybase/<SID>/ASE-16_0/install/RUN_<SID>_BS."
- When starting SAP ASE manually, SAP ASE successfully started.
startserver -f RUN_<SID>
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
startdb , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.