You have implemented XML workflow derivation and you are trying to set up a workflow to be triggered when pay components are changed.
However this is not working as expected since in some situations the workflow is triggered as expected while in others no.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central (EC) - All Versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to an employee profile;
- Click in Action > Chenge Job and Compensation Info;
- Make a change or delete a pay component;
- Note that in some cases it works and in other don't.
This is a sistem limitation since workflow rule doesn't support recurring pay component value comparison such as the example below:
<equal id="payComponentRecurring.pay-component" value="Base Salary" compareToNew="true"/>
<equal id="payComponentRecurring.pay-component" value="MONCAR" compareToNew="true"/>
XML workflow derivation does not support evaluating recurring pay components however it does support evaluating compInfo, so as a workaround you can configure a custom field in compInfo that will be updated with any value as you determine based on changes in pay component.
See more details below:
- define a custom field in compensation data model. set visible = both;
- if you want this field display in UI, give RBP to this field. if no, don't give RBP;
- define a business rule . use the base object = compensation info. if "compensation information.compensation.pay component" = xx, then set custom field = Yes(or any string you desire like: create, edit, delete), see one example of this rule below:
- set this rule as onSave rule in compInfo;
- in the workflow rule.xml define:
<equal id="compInfo.custom-string13" value="Yes(or any string you desire like: create, edit, delete)" compareToNew="true"/>
For internal staff only: Please refer to the internal memo for further information
xml workflow derivation
KBA , LOD-SF-EC-WFL , Workflows - Configuration, Tools, Objects & Rules , Problem