The hierarchy disappears after deleting root one of the root members.
SAP Analytics Cloud 2019.15.12
Reproducing the Issue
- Log on to SAC tenant.
- Go to the home screen button > click on browse >click on “dimensions”.
- Select target dimension and import data file under Data Management tab.
- Finish mapping.
- A new member called "root" is added to the dimension. It shows Validation error on member <root>.
- Save the dimension and then click on <root> and delete it.
- Go out of the dimension and back into the member list.
>> Hierarchy disappears.
There's an unassigned member and "<root>" text from hierarchy column.
The system automatically recognized the members with no hierarchy input as a root member. Manually inputting "<root>" on hierarchy columns caused of error related to root object.
Remove an unassigned member and "<root>" text from hierarchy column before importing the data.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, hier,
remove, missing, miss, blank, dimension , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , Problem