When you try to edit and save XML templates via Manage Templates, it shows the following error againt the fields that contain German characters (ö, ä, ü or ß) in the field id. The error does not occur when the template was uploaded from provisioning.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management (RCM) - All versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Manage Templates -> Recruiting Management -> Job Requisition
- Click on a template name to edit and click '### Fields defined. Click to modify.'
- Input any German characters (ö, ä, ü or ß) in the field id
- It shows an error: "Provide a valid XML element name. While the name must start with a letter of the alphabet, a colon (: ), or an underscore (_), it cannot start with any case variation of "xml", such as XML, Xml, and so on."
This issue is caused due to a limitation of the Manage Templates tool. These characters are treated as special characters, hence it's being blocked from the Manage Templates tool. We do not have the similar validation from provisioning, so it is allowing the user to save it from there.
- If you are still in the implementation stage, please avoid using special characters for field ids. We do not recommend to use special characters for ids.
- The workaround at present is to upload the XML template from provisioning if you already have used field ids with the special characters.
- Product Management will schedule to support German characters in Manage Templates. We need to double confirm this for the entire tool which will be taken as a big feature. When there is further update, we will update the information in this KBA. If you would like to have more details about it, you can reach out your CSM and refer the request RCM-70792.
NOTE: Requests to follow enhancements in Recruiting Module are not support by Product Support team.
[Enter your See Also here...]
Manage templates, job requisition, job application, candidate profile, Offer Detail, special characters, RCM-70792 , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-ADM , Admin Center, RBP, Permissions and Settings , Problem