"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
You would like to understand what is the Status Schema and how to use this tool in the SAP Cloud for Customer system.
SAP Cloud for Customer
The Status Schema is an activity maintained under the Business Configuration work center. Its purpose is to allow you to define separated schemas and compile status maintained in the Status Dictionary for those schemas, each related to a different business context e.g Service Order, Service Request, Resource Request, etc.
The Status Schema is available for the following activities under the Business Configuration:
- Tickets for Customer Support
- Tickets for Employee Support
In order to access the Status Schema, you may follow the steps below, accordingly to the support scenario which is being used in the business:
- Navigate to Business Configuration work center.
- Navigate to Overview work center view.
- Search for Tickets for Customer Support or Tickets for Employee Support.
- Click on the option you choose.
- Click on Maintain Status Schemas.
The Status Schema will be opened as highlighted below:
In the Status Schema section, the system lists all available schemas, also providing the possibility of creating customized schemas accordingly to the business need.
In the Assign Status to Schema section, the system provides you the possibility of adding any status available in the Status Dictionary to each schema individually, in a way that each schema will work independent from the others and will have its own combination of status available to be used in the tickets.
Each record is added containing the following details:
- Sort Sequence: The Sort Sequence defined will be considered only for the sequence the status will be displayed in the status drop-down list inside a ticket.
- Status: The name of the status that will be displayed in the status drop-down list inside a ticket.
- Life Cycle Status: Display which life cycle status the custom status will be related.The Life Cycle Status is the real and true status considered for system backend transactions and logics that will be executed for service tickets. Each customized status can be assigned to one Life Cycle Status
- Assignment Status: This status will determine who is the responsible side that need to take action, depending on the status that will be set for the service ticket.
- Initial Status: By selecting this checkbox, you can define if a specific status will be set as the Initial status after a ticket is created in the system, considering the ticket type and schema used for that type.
- Status Visible: By selecting this checkbox, you can define if a specific status will be visible in the status drop-down list inside a ticket.
After the Status Schema is defined, the business will be able to proceed and assign this status schema to a Document Type in the business configuration work center, which will then define which schema will be used for each existing ticket type in the system.
Status; Status Schema; Ticket; Service; C4C; Cloud for Customer; How To; Map Custom Status; Status Mapping; Status Dictionary; Document Type; Service Request; , KBA , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , How To