After merging 2 user accounts, the "into" account is assigned to a curriculum via Assignment Profile even though the user is not part of the AP.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- Assign a curriculum to account "abc" via Assignment Profile.
- Go to Users > Tools > Merge Users
- Merge account "abc" into a new account.
- The new account will have the curriculum assigned even though this new account is not part of the Assignment Profile that assigned the curriculum to account "abc"
The rule applied by the Merge User tools regarding curricula entities is:
- IF there are no matching records in the Merge Into User ID records THEN the records from the Merge From User ID are added.
- IF both Merge From User ID and Merge Into User ID have same curricula assignments with different dates THEN the latest assignment date for the curricula is applied to the Merge Into User ID record.
This is an expected behavior from the system. The historical data from the previous account "abc" says the curriculum was assigned via Assignment Profile and this is the information that will be passed to the new account.
Note that if account "abc" was part of assignment profiles, the curricula will not be removed from the new user "abc" was merged into. The AP can only remove something from a person who was previously in the profile.
curricula, merge users, assignment profile, ap, incorrect, assigned , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , LOD-SF-LMS-ASP , Assignment Profile , Problem