What are the basics for Source Tracker after the RMK Dashboard has been retired?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting
- SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Marketing
Reproducing the Issue
You will find Source Tracker under the Recruiting (1) menu now, in a separate tab (2)
- Job Marketing (Formerly Marketing Central) must be configured for Source Tracker to be available under the Market job options
- See KB article 2527347- How to Configure Job Marketing - Recruiting Marketing
- Once Job Marketing is enabled in Provisioning and the job Marketing permission granted, the Source tracker tab will be visible under Recruiting
Available Options Under the Source Tracker Tab
- This page displays a report showing how many candidates applies are coming from different sources (e.g: job board, career site, direct link, etc.)
- This report includes Visitors – Overview, Visitors – Mobile Overview, Members – Overview, Applicants – Overview
- See the Recruiting Implementation Guide on Source Report
- This page lists the category or strategy pages of your RMK career site in case you want to use them in your campaigns to save you having to access CSB
- If you do not have any such pages on your site then this page will show nothing
- This is the page where you can generate tracked URLs
- To define the sources available in Source Tracker, use the Site Source Editor in Career Site Builder. (See 3046033 Career Site Builder Site Source Editor - Recruiting Marketing)
Note: To add sources to the Site Source Editor, engagement with RMK Professional Services Media team is required via a support incident (See 2562257 - How to Add Options into the Source Tracker Menu - Recruiting Marketing)
More Information on Source Tracker
What is the Source Tracker Space?
- The source tracker is meant for recruiting users to be able to generate accurate hardcoded tracking based on the RMK/CSB URL that they are looking to share
- This tool has specific source categories (types) that align under the source products (source) where you can track candidate activity specifically
What can recruiters do in this space?
- Recruiters can use this tool to create properly tracked URLs to ensure that if they are to advertise or share jobs URLs that they can clearly capture what source & product they are using
- For example you can delineate between LinkedIn Job slot activity compared to Linkedin Sourcing (recruiter seat) activity by using this manual tracking
- This will reflect in the recruiting analytics and ad hoc reporting
Why is it beneficial to recruiters?
- Alternatively to automated job delivery and Recruiting Posting, this is an effective manner to ensure "Direct" and "RCM Redirect" tracking is limited in the source reporting by using these manually hard coded tracking methods
- This helps solidify the integrity of your reporting and sourcing activity
** Notice there is a built-in option to shorten the URLs (2)
SF, success factors, Short URL, Source Tracker, Campaign URL, HTML Link, permission, access, marketing, central, RMK, RCM , KBA , LOD-SF-RMK-MED , RMK Media Requests and Feeds , How To