You are replicating Business Partners from SAP ERP to SAP Cloud for Customer and notice that data for FirstName and LastNames are switched for Individual Customers.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Customer work center.
- Switch to Individual Customers work center view.
- Find and open respective Individual Customer.
- First and Last Name information is switched as compared to SAP ERP.
In Cloud for Customer we have business partner name fields with specific semantic: "Family Name", "Given Name", "Middle Name" and "Additional Family Name".
However the name fields in SAP ERP do not have this semantic, there are just NAME1, NAME2, NAME3, NAME4.
In SAP ERP the you can fill these fields up to your own convention, e.g. NAME1 contains the "Given Name".
Therefore, the integration delivered in standard has to make assumptions about the most common way our customers enter their data and implemented it the way with NAME1 and NAME2 being the "Family Name" and the "Given Name" for Individual customers respectively.
This being widely used scenario by all of our customers, this is an expected system behavior.
This is an expected system behavior, however you have below two options to solve this:
1. Adjust the data in his ERP to have NAME1 and Name2 match as Family Name and as Given Name respectively.
2. Modify middle-ware mapping (SAP PI or SAP CPI) such that for persons(business partner category code = '1') the field mappings are switched, i.e. IDoc element NAME is mapped to SecondLineName and NAME_2 is mapped to FirstLineName.
You need to ensure that these custom mappings affect only for Individual Customers, Business Partners coming from SAP ERP with CategoryCode as 1(Person).
a. The replication should work as expected for organizations (category code = '2' fields most likely not being switched).
b. If you are using bi-directional replication, the outbound replication from Cloud for Customer to SAP ERP should also reflect this change.
KBA , firstname and lastname , individual customer name , businesspartnererpaddressreplicationin , LOD-CRM-INT-ERP , Integration of C4C with ERP , LO-INT-COD , CRM On Demand Integration , Problem