- Error: "One of the blending source queries returned an empty result" occurs when creating story based on blending model in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC).
- "Unable to retrieve data from the datasource."
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- SAP HANA Live Data Connection
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon SAC.
- Create a story and add a chart.
- Blend Model 1 (Primary) and Model 2 (Secondary) based on common dimensions.
- Add Primary and Secondary models.
- Choose measure with basic simple calculation.
- Notice the error message: "Unable to retrieve data from the datasource. Error:[one of the blending source queries returned an empty result]".
The above described behavior is by design. The blend sub-query is too large to be executed.
When creating a blended numeric point chart with only measures and calculations selected the blend is done in two steps:
- Blend sub-queries are executed with all "Active Linked Dimensions" in drill.
- Out-of-context blending aggregation is performed to remove the "Active Linked Dimensions" from the drill.
- Add story or page filters in a such way that the blend sub-query on this model can be executed.
- Reduce the amount of active linked dimensions.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
One of the blending source queries returned an empty result, blending, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , Problem