- A popup occurs with "The material entered is same as the current material. Enter a different replacement material" when using the App 'Material Where Used List for BOMs' ( IDF2214 )
- Unable to update Quantity of a component in a BOM ( Bill of Material ) using the "Replace Material" button
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental"
- Bill of Material
- SAP S/4HANA, cloud edition
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the App 'Material Where Used List for BOMs'
- Input a Component
- Press 'Go' button
- highlight an entry for which you wish to update
- Press the Button "Replace Material"
- Popup for "Replace Material" appears
- Input the Replacement Material as the current Material
- input a new Replacement Quantity
- press ok
System works as Designed.
The feature "Replace Material" is intended to update a Component in a BOM with a New Component
Please consider using the API API_BILL_OF_MATERIAL_SRV if you wish to mass update Components of a BOM
KBA , PLM-FIO-BOM , Fiori UI for Material BOM , LO-MD-BOM , Bills of Material , Problem