This article describes the steps on How Background Check Integration Works when configured using Intelligent Services.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management (RCM)
1. The Intelligent Services Center can have any of the following to trigger the background check integration, Update of Job Application Status or the Update of Job Application.
a. Update in the Job Application – listens for any changes in Job Application. This can either be a field value change or a status change.
b. Update in Job Application Status – listens for any changes in Job Application Status. This is triggered when the candidate is moved across the pipeline.
In this example, we have an Update in Job Application Status job that triggers when the status of the candidate changes and it will call the Integration Job linked to it which is the JobApplication - CBI Vendor Update. This Integration Center job is usually configured by Implementation Partners when they are implementing the background check integration.
2. When candidates are placed in the Background Check Status and the Intelligent Services Center's job is triggered (whichever you have setup), an entry in the event monitoring will be created. The information in this event monitoring field is very limited as it only contains the time and the recruiting user's name who triggered the change (typically, the user who moved the candidate in the Background Check status). This will not tell us which application was being processed.
Once this entry is created, the integration center job should have been called and the application details be sen to the integration center job.
3. The difference between Update in Job Application Status and Update in Job Application can be seen when moving the candidate across the Pipeline.
There are 5 ways of Moving the candidate across the Pipeline:
a. Choose one or more candidates in the Candidate Summary. Click “Action” (left panel) and choose “Move Candidate.” Then select “Background Check” and “Apply Updates.”
b. Drag and Drop the candidate to the “Background Check” status.
c. Open an individual application. On the upper right side of the application, choose “Take Action then Move Candidate” and then choose Background Check status and “Apply Updates.”
d. Open an individual application. On the upper right side of the application, click on the “Move Candidate” button and then choose Background Check status and “Apply Updates.”
e. Open an individual application. Change the value of the Candidate Status field to “Background Check” and click “Save.”
The first 4 changes will trigger the Update in Job Application Status job, but the last change will only be triggered when using Update in Job Application. In other words, the Update in Job Application can be triggered by all 5 changes, while the Update in Job Application Status can only be triggered by the first 4.
4. Once the data comes in the Integration Center, its flow will follow what is described in KBA 2845873.
5. If your Intelligent Services is properly setup and it has worked correctly before and suddenly no entries are created in Event Monitoring whenever you are moving candidates, please reach out to Support.
Background Check, Background Check Integration, Third-party Vendor, Recruiting Management, RCM, Integration, API, Intelligent Services , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-INT , Integration Center & Intelligent Services , How To