You have created code list restrictions so that specific business roles only have access to specific code lists. However when a user with such a business role runs a report, they can see code lists which were excluded from their access rights.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center Administrator and the view General Settings.
- Click Code List Restrictions.
- Create a restriction, for example on the object Ticket and the code Ticket Type.
- Select a few ticket types and assign this restriction to a specific business role.
- Log on to the system with a user who has this business role.
- Go to the Analysis work center and the view Reports.
- Open a report about tickets.
- Check the data displayed - it shows more than the allowed ticket types.
Code list restrictions cannot currently be applied to reporting.
Please use the Continuous Influence Session to raise this requirement, or vote for it if it was already requested.
To restrict report data, please use work center assignments and access restrictions to those work centers. For more details, you can see the help center article called 'Assign a Report' and 'Role Based Access'.
codelist restriction, report, restriction not working, business analytics, reporting, access rights , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , Product Enhancement