Error An entry is required in XAABG field for account in App Post General Journal Entires (App ID F0718)
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
S/4 HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- In App Post General Journal Entries, enter in GL account and other relevant data
- Error An entry is required in XAABG field for account is raised
For Field status Variant assigned to GL account in question field Asset Retirement is a required field.
The field status variant YB52 - "Accounts for fixed asset retirement" is defined so that the field "Asset Retirement" is set to mandatory due to the fact that accounts with this feild status group are supposed to be used in the business process of retirement.
- App Post General Journal Entries is not a suitable app for posting retirements. This is for G/L account postings.
- If you wish to make asset retirement you cannot use app Post General Journal Entry. See test script J62 for details on Asset Retirement.
- If it is the case that the field status variant assigned to account is incorrect, change same in GL account master - Manage Your Solution -> Configure Your Solution -> Application Area Finance -> Sub Application Area General Ledger -> Chart of Accounts -> GLAccount-manageQ2P (SSCUI 150001)
- The Field Status Variants are defined in Manage Your Solution -> Configure Your Solution -> Application Area Finance -> Sub Application Area General Ledger -> Item Name Journal Entries -> Step Name Define Field Status Variants (SSCUI 102393)
2706758 - SSCUI 102393 Define Field Status Variants Navigation
F0718, XAABG, Asset Retirement, J62, 102393, 150001,102393 , KBA , FI-FIO-GL-TRA , Transactions Apps , FI-AA , Asset Accounting , Problem