- You want to remove the delete button from the UI of a custom MDF object, but there is no way to do it through RBP since the Delete permission is not available since effective date is None.
- How to control the delete button's appearance via the UI (not via RBP)?
- How to restrict the deletion of data from MDF portlet?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Metadata Framework (MDF)
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a custom MDF object and set the effective date as None;
- Create an UI for this object and configure it to be on People Profile;
- See that the UI has a Delete button;
- Go to Manage Permission Roles and try to remove the delete permission from the user, but is not available.
In objects set with effective date as None, the delete permission is not exclusively available. This way, by default the delete button will always be shown in the UI.
If you are able to change the effective date of the object to any other option that is not None, the delete option in RBP will become available, and then you will be able to control the visibility of this button over there.
However, in case the object needs to be set as None or in case you want it not to be controlled via RBP, we have an workaround.
==> It consists on changing the configuration of the UI created for the object. In Manage Configuration UI, there is an option to control the visibility of the Delete button.
To configure this, please follow the below steps:
- Go to Manage Configuration UI;
- Search for the UI associated with the object you are working on;
- Click on Edit Properties;
- Go to Control Options and set the "Delete a record" to No.
- Save the rule;
- Go to People Profile and edit the object, and the delete button should not appear.
2849680 - Unable to see all options of permissions for MDF objects in RBP
delete, button, UI, people profile, My employee file, Portlet, permission, rule, restrict, deletion, MDF, , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-UI , UI Config, Layout & Rules , How To