Down payments which are assigned to Invoices are showing under open Down Payment Requests.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Customer Invoicing work center.
- Select the Invoice Documents view.
- Select Open Down Payment Requests.
- System shows Down Payment XYZ with status Not Planned. (XYZ represents the Down Payment ID)
There are 3 ways in which we can clear invoices with down payments after paying the down payment:
- In new manual invoice, we can assign down payment on OIF and release the invoice.
- On sales order OWL, we can assign via the button Create Down Payment to a sales order.
- In the Receivables work center in the Customer Accounts view, we can clear an invoice against the down payment.
In the first two cases, the down payment is associated with some reference documents beforehand only.
But in third case we cannot get invoice information in Assignments tab.
This is because whatever is done on accounting side (in Receivables-> Customer Accounts) is not communicated back to Customer Invoice Request, and therefore the status of down payment request is not reflected in Invoice Document view.
Since you performed third case, you need to check the status of the down payment under Receivables -> Customer accounts. You can see the down payment status here.
DPR; Down Payment; missing; Invoice Request; Invoice , KBA , AP-CI-CI , Customer Invoice , Problem