You want to know how to prevent the system from shipping an item from a particular location.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Sales Orders work center.
- Choose the New Sales Order option from the Common Tasks view.
- Enter the relevant header details and navigate to the Item tab.
- Enter the product which you want to ship to your customer.
You see that the system has determined the product to be shipped from a location which you do not want to.
The system determines ship from location for a sales order as per the steps mentioned in the help document titled Ship-From Determination and Shipment Scheduling for Customer Demand. Please make sure you design your Transport Zones and Lanes so that the system always picks up the ship-from location as per your business.
In the rare case that you do want to change the ship from site determined by the system you have the below two options.
- Choose to manually change the ship from location for the line items in the sales order.
- Block all the transport lanes which has the ship from sites that you do not want to ship from.
You can follow the below given steps to block the transport lanes. Please note that this needs to be checked and verified with your business use case if these transport lanes need to be blocked or not and the steps are only a suggestion of the option available at your end.
- Go to Supply Chain Design Master Data work center.
- Navigate to the Transport Lanes view.
- Search and select the transport lane which has the ship from site which you do not want to ship the products from.
- Choose the Change Status button and select the option Block.
Once, the above steps are performed the system will not determine the ship from locations for your sales order which have been blocked via the transport lanes.
Prevent shipping from a particular location, block ship from site, ByD, Business Bydesign transport lanes blocked, how to block transport lanes , KBA , how to block transport lanes , prevent shipping from a location , block ship from site byd , AP-LDM-TL , Transportation Lane , Problem