While changing the Customer or Supplier Account Group of a Business Partner, error cannot switch to account group XXXX due to mismatch in Partner Functions occurs.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to App Maintain Business Partner.
- Choose BP Role as Customer or Supplier.
- Navigate to Tab Customer: General Data.
- Click on Maintain Acc Grp button.
- Change the Account Group.
The error is raised due to mismatch in partner functions maintained for the account groups.
For example: XYZZ Account Group (Partner Determination Procedure) have the Following Partner Functions as mandatory:
Bill to party - BP
Sold to Party - SP
Payer - PY
Ship to Party - SH
Since the above four partner functions are mandatory, these partner functions would exist for Customer with account group XYZZ.
However for YYYY Account Group (Partner Determination Procedure), only partner function Bill-to party is mapped to Partner Determination Procedure YYYY.
This is where the mismatch happens and error is thrown.
The partner functions maintained for a Customer or Supplier must exist in both the Partner Determination Procedure (Account Group) i.e. the existing account group and the account group it is changed to.
To maintain and check Partner Functions in Partner Determination Procedure, follow the steps below:
- Go to App Manage your Solution.
- Click on Configure your Solution.
- Go to SSCUI 101286 - Set Up Partner Determination for Customer Master (For Customer Partner Function) or SSCUI 103129 - Permissible Partner Roles per Account Group (For Supplier Partner Function).
- Add the missing Partner Functions to the relevant Customer or Supplier Account Group.
2955225 S/4HC: Custom Supplier Partner Functions are not visible or getting saved for a Supplier Business Partner
S4_PC, S/4HANA Cloud, CVIV_UI, CVIV, 181, account, group, partner, functions, mismatch, customer, supplier, vendor, bp, business, partner, sold-to, bill-to, payer, BP, SP, SH, PY, VN, KU, LI, ship-to, CUST, SHPT, SUPL , KBA , LO-MD-BP , Business Partners , AP-MD-BP , Business Partner , LO-MD-BP-CM , Customer Master , LO-MD-BP-VM , Vendor Master , Problem