- You want to create a Fixed Asset with several different Individual Materials from a Supplier Invoice.
- But in a Supplier Invoice you can either assign an item to an already existing Individual Material/ Fixed Asset.
- Or you can create a new Fixed Asset by creating a new Individual Material for the item.
- However, it is not possible to create a separate Individual Material for an existing Fixed Asset.
SAP Business ByDesign
Currently the only option to create several individual Materials for one Fixed Asset from one Purchasing Document is by using the New Individual Material function in Purchase Orders:
- Manually create Fixed Asset XYZ in the Fixed Assets workcenter (XYZ represents the Fixed Asset ID).
- Once created navigate to the Fixed Asset's Master Data tab and here to the Individual Material sub-tab.
- Take note of the Individual Material ID XXX (XXX represents the Individual Material ID).
To capitalize the Fixed Asset XYZ and to create further Individual Materials:
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center and create a new Purchase Order.
- In the Items tab, add the first Purchase Order Item for the Fixed Asset XYZ.
- Navigate to the Account Assignment tab and select Account Assignment type Individual Material.
- Also add the appropriate Cost Center.
- Now assign the just generated Individual Material ID XXX.
- Add the second Purchase Order Item.
- This time select Cost Center in the Account Assignment tab; Automatically the Cost center selected for the first Item will appear.
- Then press the New Individual Material button just above the Items list.
- Add additional items and proceed as for Item 2.
- Post the Purchase Order.
Then create the Goods Receipt for these items in the Goods and Services Receipts work center.
- Once the Goods receipt is posted open it and go to the Items tab.
- Select the second item and view the Basic Data tab.
- Here, in the Individual Material section you notice the separate Individual Material ID, YYY, as well as the settings Belongs to Individual Material: XXX and Belongs to Fixed Asset: XYZ.
- All Individual Materials created this way will be capitalized on the Fixed Asset XYZ.
Fixed Asset with separate Individual Materials, different Individual Materials for one Fixed Asset , KBA , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , Problem