In the Project Builder or Project Control apps, attempting to delete a project in TECO (Technically complete) status results in the following error message:
Message no. CJ/242 "You cannot delete this project element. Or
Message no. PSS4_MSG/065 "You cannot delete this project because of the current processing status".
The project element cannot be deleted for any of the following cases:
- This project element has been set to released or partially released at least once in the overall lifecycle.
- This project element has a planned cost assigned to it."
- SAP ERP Project Systems (PS)
- SAP S/4HANA, cloud edition
Reproducing the Issue
- Run the Project Builder (or Project Control) app.
- Open a project that has system status 'TECO' (Technically complete).
- Attempt to delete the project (trash can button).
- The system prevents the deletion with error "You cannot delete this project element. Message no. CJ242".
This is the expected behaviour in relation to the process since TECO has a higher system status than REL.
As explained in the long text of the error message, once the project has been set to the status REL (released), deletion is not possible. This is because of the cost postings might be available and deletion might corrupt the entries in the CO database.
This is the system design and will not be changed. The end users should have conscious decision before changing the status to Release. There is no work-around for this requirement.
CJ 242, released, PREL, CJ20N, PSS4_MSG/065, You cannot delete this project because of the current processing status , KBA , PS-ST , Structures , PS-FIO , Fiori UI for Project System , How To