The following behaviour occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
- When creating a chart or table with a standard id or description, the desired data is in the attributes of the description and the user would like to have the attribute of the description replace the description within the chart or table.
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2019.15.11
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a chart with a dimension that is a hierarchy
- Navigate to the builder and select properties of the dimension
- Display the longtext of that dimension
- Attempt to delete the description of the dimension and replace it with the long text
- Unable to delete the initial column on the chart.
This is a by design behavior. For table and charts either 'id' or 'id & description' or 'description' need to be shown for every dimension on an axis.
Development team has acknowledged this feature request and it is planned as a Backlog item in the future version.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , Problem