- How does 2nd Level Manager permissions work?
- You have created a permission role based on Second Manager and some managers are not beind assigned to this role;
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
Creating a permission role based on Second Manager:
- Admin Center > Search for Manage Permission Role;
- Create New or Edit a permission that already exist
- And the role is define to Grant role to: Second Manager
- You have noticed some second manager users are not assigned to this role;
- You can analyze if the user is assigned to this new role in:
- Admin Center > Set User Permission > View User Permission;
Second Manager are defined in User Data File, in this case, you should fill on UDF which users are Second Manager.
Analyzing and filling the User Data File:
- Admin Center > Update User Information > Employee Export > Export User File;
- Open the .csv file in Excel and search for the column Second Manager;
- In this column you should fill the UserID from the person that is the Second Manager that user;
- For example, the userID 100093 is second manager from userID 100052
- After filling the column Second Manager, you should Import the UDF to system;
- Following that, the permission role will understand (from UDF) who are the people defined as Second Manager.
Issue with second level manager, not all 2nd level managers are getting assigned , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-RBP , Role Based Permissions , How To