- Over The Counter Sales are invoice requests with a follow up outbound processing to adjust for inventory.
- They are used in sales scenarios which require inventory adjustments, but skip most of the sales process.
- This Knowledge Base Article will explain the functionality of Over The Counter Sales in SAP Business ByDesign.
- Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
SAP Business ByDesign
- Pre-Requisites to use Over the Counter Sales.
In order to use the OTC sales scenario, you will need to enable Scoping Element Sales - Customer Invoicing - Over-the-Counter Sales.
This will enable the workcenter Over-the-Counter Sales.
- Inventory Site
Over the counter sales require an adjustment to the inventory sites.
- Navigate to Supply Chan Design Master Data workcenter.
- Open the Locations view.
- Highlight your Location ID and click on Edit Layout.
- Select the Logistics Area ID you want to use for OTC sales (only one Logistics Area ID feasible per Location ID).
- Add Logistics Use 'Over The Counter Stock'.
- New Over the Counter Sale
- Navigate to the Over-The-Counter Sales workcenter and select new Over-the-Counter Sale view.
You will need to enter the necessary information as in a manual invoice request, in addition to the Ship-From Location.
The Ship From Location needs to be your adjusted Location ID with 'Over The Counter Stock' checkbox enabled.
The Ship-To address is optional.
Once you click on Save or Invoice an Outbound delivery will be created automatically.
- You can also use the Manage Over The Counter Sales Requests web service to create OTC sales.
Further documentation on the web service can be accessed via the Service Explorer view in the Application and User Management Workcenter.
- Outbound Delivery
Once the Over the Counter Sale is saved an internal message is triggered to automatically create the Outbound Delivery.
You can directly access the outbound delivery via the Outbound Deliveries view in the Over-The-Counter Sales workcenter.
If the Logistics Area ID is maintained correctly and sufficient stock is enabled, the Outbound delivery is automatically released.
2835811 - Over-the-Counter Sales Outbound Delivery Status in Document Flow is "Not Started"
2804926 - Overall Discount is Not Supported in OTC Web Service
2773182 - Cancel Outbound Delivery of Over-the-Counter Sales Order
2769620 - Over the Counter Sales Do Not Have Shipping Related Dates
2763440 - Location XXX (XXX Business Organisation) with Role Ship From Location is Incorrect
2711718 - Over-the-Counter Sale is not a Search Criteria in Invoice Requests View
2622828 - Over the Counter Sales ID missing from the Worklist
2614274 - Over-the-Counter Sales Transaction: Logistics Area is not Proposed in Outbound Delivery
2600061 - Over the Counter Sales Multiple Printer
2572324 - Invoice Block Does Not Prevent Customer Invoice Creation in Over-the-Counter Sale
2534698 - In a New Over-the-Counter Sale the Ship-To Party is Not Automatically Determined by the System
2502728 - External Reference Field is Greyout by Default in Over-the-Counter Sales
2483867 - Tax Payment Deferral For Over The Counter Invoices
1976374 - The "External Reference" field is Not Editable in Over-the-Counter Sale Transaction.
1893725 - The Ship-To party is not Shown on the "Over-the-Counter" overview
1892934 - You Want to Exclude Over-the-Counter Sales Documents From Invoice Runs
1870226 - The Login User is the Employee Responsible in Over-the-Counter Sales Orders
1812442 - You get an error message in Over-The-Counter Sale transaction "Logistics Area for Location XXX with role Ship From Location has no usage for XYZ sales"
Over the Counter Sales, Ladenverkauf, How to, Guide , KBA , AP-CI-CI , Customer Invoice , AP-ODP , Outbound Delivery Processing , How To